From: Alison Huftalen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Auction catalogue inquiry
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi everyone,

    We are trying to track down a lot in an auction catalogue we do not have.  I do not have the exact auction date but I think I have narrowed it down.

I think it is either:

Hotel Drouot

Objets d'art et d'ameublement, principalement du XVIIIe siècle

Date of sale: November 10, 1952

Place of sale: Paris

Hotel Drouot

Bijoux; objets de vitrine; argenterie ancienne; argenterie moderne; métal argente.

Date of sale: November 26, 1952

Place of sale: Paris

If you have either or both of these catalogues might you be able to check for an item in it? I do not know the lot number but I know what the object is (a Spanish candlestick) and can send a reference image.

Thank you for any help in advance!

-Alison

Alison L. Huftalen, MA, MLS

Head Librarian

Toledo Museum of Art

419-255-8000 x7386

www.toledomuseum.org/learn/library

This message is a private communication. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Please do not copy or disclose it to others. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.