From: Carla-Mae Crookendale <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Print Reference Collection

Hi Folks,

At my library we've been having some discussions about the future of our print reference collections:

 *   Who uses it and how?
 *   Should we be moving towards digital resources instead? (A challenge with art, as image content isn't always in digital versions, or suitable digital resources may not be available)
 *   Can we make it more relevant and user friendly through feedback from our users/ by moving it/ different signage etc?

Has anyone else recently done work with their Reference Collections that can share some insight? Weeding, usage studies, redesign etc?

Sincerely,
Carla-Mae

--
Carla-Mae Crookendale
Visual Arts Research Librarian

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>