Please join us on Friday December 12th at 2:00 PM EST!

Best,

Alex (on behalf of the Professional Development / Education Subcommittee)

Alexander Watkins

Art & Architecture Librarian

University of Colorado Boulder

*Institutional Advocacy & Demonstrating the Value of Art Libraries*

*Join us for a Webinar on December 12*

<https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/368748400>

*Space is limited.*
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/368748400

In a challenging environment for libraries of all stripes, how can art
librarians advocate for the importance of our libraries and services? This
webinar will discuss what we can do to strengthen our libraries, including
how we communicate their value, demonstrate their importance, and assess
their impact. Past ALA president Patricia Glass Schuman will discuss her
nationally recognized work on library advocacy. Librarians Cynthia Frank
and Patricia Cossard from the University of Maryland will present their
ongoing efforts to prevent the closure of both the art and the architecture
libraries there. Patrick Tomlin, chair of the ARLIS/NA Public Policy
Committee, will discuss the group’s work to promote advocacy.

This Webinar is a joint presentation of the Professional Development
Education Subcommittee and the Public Policy Committee

Only current ARLIS/NA members may attend this event. Registration will
close two hours before the start of the webinar. For assistance, please
contact [log in to unmask] Additional information about webinars is
available on the ARLIS/NA website.

This webinar will be recorded, and the video will be made available to
current members on the ARLIS/NA member log-in webpage within two weeks
after the webinar.

By registering, I understand and acknowledge that this Webinar will be
recorded by ARLIS/NA and/or those designated by ARLIS/NA.  ARLIS/NA may
record my name and questions I ask during the course of the Webinar
presentation.  As a condition of my participation in the Webinar, I agree
to irrevocably grant to ARLIS/NA, its assigns, licensees and successors the
right to publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, display, reproduce, edit or
otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and
hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my name, questions, quotes
and material otherwise provided by me (collectively, the “Material”) during
my participation in the Webinar.  I also agree that ARLIS/NA shall be the
sole owner in perpetuity of any and all rights in and to any and all works
containing the Material, in whole or in part, for all purposes whatsoever
and in any manner or media including, without limitation, printed works,
compact discs, DVDs, MP3, and computer on line services.

*Title:*

*Institutional Advocacy & Demonstrating the Value of Art Libraries*

*Date:*

Friday, December 12, 2014

*Time:*

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.

*System Requirements*
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer

Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet