Dear fellow ARLiS members,

I’m in the process of co-organizing the second annual international Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon, as part of my work as the coordinator of the Women and Art SIG. The New York event will be held on March 8th at the Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Education and Research Building at MoMA in New York and I am looking for support in helping it grow beyond New York!

If you’re interested in hosting a satellite event, please be in touch. There is funding available to help satellite events pay for child care, refreshments, and travel grants to connect you with experienced Wikipedians, if necessary. You can reach us at:[log in to unmask] or feel free to reach out to me directly.

If you want to help out in other ways, we are also gathering research materials for the March event:

·                Suggested Topics

·                Articles needing creation

·                Articles needing expansion and/or cleanup

·                Suggestions for online research materials on women and the arts

·                Any existing documentation you might be willing to share on Wikipedia editing or conflict resolution online

You can find more information about the project and upcoming events on our meet-up page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/ArtAndFeminism

Or on our website: http://art.plusfeminism.org/

All best wishes,

Siān Evans, Women and Art SIG coordinator

Siān Evans

Shared Shelf Implementation Manager
Artstor 151 E. 61st St. New York, NY 10065
(212) 500-2447 |

www.artstor.org | www.sharedshelf.org

Sign up for Shared Shelf Training

Check out Shared Shelf’s YouTube Training Series!

Learn more about Artstor!

Modern Language Association

Vancouver | January 8-11, 2015

American Library Association Midwinter Meeting

Chicago | January 30-February 3, 2015