Hi Malcolm,

I would add that the five-year plan should consider how the library accommodates requests for accessible materials (captioning multimedia resources or providing OCRd digital texts). There are also resources for training staff to deliver accessible customer service.

Please let me know if this is something you would like to talk about further. I am happy to share resources, such as the Accessibility Toolkit for Libraries, which we have developed at the Ontario Council of University Libraries.

Yours truly,
Katya

Katya Pereyaslavska, (M.A., M.I.)

Scholars Portal Accessibility Librarian

ARL Visiting Program Officer

(ACE Service 2014 - )

(ROAM 2014 - )

ScholarsPortal, Ontario Council of University Libraries

416 946 8616 | [log in to unmask]www.scholarsportal.info