From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lovenjak, Nicole
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 12:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Artists’ Books Canada

***Please forgive cross-posting***

Hello all,

I am working on a project to bring greater visibility to our amazing artists’ books collections across Canada and I need your help.

As part of my Practicum position at the Paul D. Fleck Library and Archives at The Banff Centre I proposed a new project that I am very excited about: Artists’ Books Canada—a resource that will point to and describe all the different collections of artists’ books in the country, including those housed in libraries, galleries, and other centres. I hope to gather information on the size, scope, and/or highlights from individual collections, as well as how to search for items in individual catalogues, links of interest, etc.

To gather the information for this resource I have created a form that a representative from each Canadian institution may fill in. Please use the following link to access the online form:

https://docs.google.com/a/alumni.uwo.ca/forms/d/1y-GAVTIOyXSwny92b1I0xUwS66daby5vyFXhtXxoknM/viewform

Since I eventually hope to capture all collections of artists’ books across the country, not just those in libraries, please feel free to distribute the link beyond this community to other individuals within Canada who manage collections of artists’ books.

Your participation in this exercise will be extremely helpful as the information you provide will form the basis of the resulting website.

If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations concerning this project please do not hesitate to contact me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks for helping!

Best,

Nicole Lovenjak

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Nicole Lovenjak, MLIS

Library Practicum

Paul D. Fleck Library & Archives

The Banff Centre
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive
Box 1020, Banff, Alberta T1L 1H5, Canada
tel: +1 403.762.6035

banffcentre.ca

facebook.com/banffcentrelibrary

Follow our project on Tumblr

Every Item in the Artists’ Books Collection

banffcentrelibraryandarchives.tumblr.com

This message has been sent by an employee of The Banff Centre. If you have received this communication in error or do not wish to receive electronic communications from this individual in the future please respond by simply typing ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line and returning to the sender. Subsequently you will not be contacted without reason.