Hi Karen,

I would also look at preservation methods + retention of players as well as considerations for accessibility (captioning).

Katya

Accessibility Librarian
Scholars Portal, OCUL

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Karen Caputo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi,

I am assessing the VHS collection of an art museum library for my MLIS practicum and I am hoping for some insight from other libraries. Do your art libraries still have VHS collections? If so, do you plan to keep these VHS collections? Are you weeding these collections? Are you replacing or planning to replace VHS tapes with DVDs or making other digitization efforts?

Any information on what other libraries are doing with their VHS collections would be very helpful!

Thank you!

Karen Caputo
MLIS Student, Kent State University