2014 Student Award Deadline Extension

(Applications Due: October 6th, 2014)

The ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter has extended the deadline for our Student Award, generously funded by Eric Wolf, Head Librarian at the Menil Collection in Houston, Texas. This award covers both ARLIS/NA student membership dues of $50 and local chapter dues of $10 for one year and gives the new member a financial incentive to attend the local chapter annual meeting. By granting this award, we intend to encourage student involvement in the Art Libraries Society of North America on both a national level and, as importantly, on a local chapter level.

This is a big year for Texas! Our local chapter will have its annual meeting in Orange from October 17 through 19, 2014 where the Stark Museum, a southeast Texas gem, will open its doors to us. Next year, from March 19 through 23, 2015, the 43rd Annual ARLIS/NA Conference will take place in Fort Worth. As a student member of ARLIS/NA and the ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter, these and future conferences will allow you professional development and networking opportunities related to all types of art libraries. Attending these conferences will give you the chance to see important works of art and architecture in large cities across the United States and Canada.

The award committee urges all students with interest and need to apply, and we especially encourage first-time conference attendees. To meet the primary requirement, applicants must lack full institutional funding.

Apply for the Student Award by submitting a letter of application and a curriculum vitae to the Award Committee chair Lynn Wexler at [log in to unmask]. The letter must include a statement of qualification and proposed conference program involvement.

The deadline for applications has been extended to Monday, October 6th, 2014. The award committee will announce the winner on Friday, October 10th, 2014.

Direct all inquiries to the 2014 Award Committee chair: Lynn Wexler (The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston). Other members of the 2014 committee are Joel Pelanne (Museum of Fine Arts Houston) and Beth Dodd (University of Texas, Austin).

Submitted by Lynn Wexler, Chair, Lois Swan Jones Award Committee

Lynn Wexler

Reference Librarian

Hirsch Library

MFAH Museum of Fine Arts, Houston