[cid:3D2AB24F-8D82-4FF1-94F7-DA2DEDEC7AD7]
—————————

Greetings!

The ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter is extending the proposal deadline for our virtual conference Testing the Waters: Professional Experimentation in the Arts and Art Librarianship. The new deadline is Friday, October 3rd.

Our chapter is experimenting with a new format that we hope will allow greater interactivity and immersion into the content. However, to pull this off we need a diverse set of presenters. If you have an interesting project that you are currently working on or recently finished, please consider presenting about it with us.

Here are the details:

  *   Presenters will have their talks prerecorded by a member of our chapter and posted to a private site online.

     *   Conference attendees will be given access to the site and will be able to watch all the presentations at their leisure.
     *   Each talk will be accompanied by a discussion board for questions and comments.
     *   Sessions will be recorded in late October and posted in November.

  *   A live Q&A session will happen in December with all the presenters.

     *   Each person will have a set amount of time to take and answer questions.
     *   This session will be moderated by a member of the Mountain West chapter.
     *   The Q&A Session will be recorded and posted to the site if attendees are unable to watch in real time.

Please consider submitting a proposal and being part of our experiment! We want to hear how you have experimented in your professional lives. Have you tried something new lately that the ARLIS community should hear about? Have you made changes, small or large, in your professional life? Let’s shake off our old habits and try something new together! Requirements:

  1.  Proposals should relate to the theme: Professional Experimentation in the Arts and Art Librarianship.
  2.  Presentations should be limited to 20 minutes.
  3.  Presenter will work to find a time to record their presentation with a designated member of the Mountain West chapter.
  4.  Presenter must be available for a live, virtual Q&A session on December 5th.
  5.  Each presenter will be asked to take questions for 10 to 15 minutes.

Submit your proposals by Friday, October 3rd.

Proposals to be submitted here: Testing the Waters Proposal Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zmAGcPZpI4tRWvtFcFQlhTf8X-Z3KW-7nUcnfRORAZE/viewform?usp=send_form>

Regards,
Luke Leither
Vice Chair, ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter
Art and Architecture Librarian

J. Willard Marriott Library
295 S 1500 E
SLC, UT 84112