The GoodReads list seem to suggest you're okay with both fictionalized biographies of real artists and pure-fiction tales with artists and art as subjects.

My two immediate suggestions would be Theft: A Love Story by Peter Carey and The Body Artist by Don DeLillo, neither of which were represented on any of those GoodReads lists. So, I think we're a long way off from anything reaching comprehensivity. :)