Greetings!

The ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter is now accepting proposals for our Fall virtual conference titled: Testing the Waters: Professional Experimentation in the Arts and Art Librarianship.

In the spirit of experimentation, this virtual conference will be structured differently than others you might have participated in. In order to take full advantage of the virtual forum and to accommodate people’s busy schedules, Testing the Waters will be part asynchronous and part synchronous. Here’s how it will work:

Please consider submitting a proposal and being part of our experiment! We want to hear how you have experimented in your professional lives. Have you tried something new lately that the ARLIS community should hear about? Have you made changes, small or large, in your professional life? Let’s shake off our old habits and try something new together!

Requirements:

  1. Proposals should relate to the theme: Professional Experimentation in the Arts and Art Librarianship.
  2. Presentations should be limited to 20 minutes.
  3. Presenter will work to find a time to record their presentation with a designated member of the Mountain West chapter.
  4. Presenter must be available for a live, virtual Q&A session on December 5th. Each presenter will be asked to take questions for 10 to 15 minutes.Each presenter will be asked to take questions for 10 to 15 minutes.Each presenter will be asked to take questions for 10 to 15 minutes.Each presenter will be asked to take questions for 10 to 15 minutes.
  5. Each presenter will be asked to take questions for 10 to 15 minutes.

Submit your proposals by Friday, September 19th.

Proposals to be submitted here: Testing the Waters Proposal Form

Regards,

Luke Leither

Vice Chair, ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter

------

Luke Leither

Art and Architecture Librarian

J. Willard Marriott Library