Greeting, Collective Wisdom!

I have an interesting reference question and I’m coming up with naught:

At the big Futurism show at the Guggenheim this summer they had the edition of Le Figaro from 1909 which featured the Futurist Manifesto on the front page. I'm wondering how I might figure out when a story about art might have last appeared on the front page of a similarly influential paper like the New York Times or the Times or Guardian in the UK.”

I have searched the ProQuest databases for the new York Times, the UK Times and the Guardian by selecting  “Front Page / Cover Story” under Document Type in an Advanced Search.  I used typical keywords such as Art, Artist, Gallery, Exhibition, etc.   Alas, I didn’t get any results.

Do any of you recall a RECENT front page article on a sensational / controversial topic in Art?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Margaret English

Librarian - Department of Art Library

University of Toronto