The GoodReads list seem to suggest you're okay with both fictionalized
biographies of real artists and pure-fiction tales with artists and art as
subjects.

My two immediate suggestions would be Theft: A Love Story by Peter Carey
and The Body Artist by Don DeLillo, neither of which were represented on
any of those GoodReads lists. So, I think we're a long way off from
anything reaching comprehensivity. :)