Hi Sheila:

Upon re-reading your posting, I see that it is for the museum collections that you are asking about thesauri, not for the library collections.  I’m sorry I replied too quickly—probably because I am still interested in thesauri.  If your registrar has not already inquired of the Association of Registrars and Collections or the Museum Registrars Committee of the AAM, that is what I would recommend.  I believe that the AAT has been adopted by some museum registrars, but there may be something else that is the “industry standard” for registrars.  It would still be a good idea to talk to the Getty Vocabularies staff about this.

Joan

From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sheila A. Cork
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 8:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Thesaurus Help

Dear Collective Wisdom,

I need your advice.  Our museum is thinking of purchasing access to a thesaurus or thesaurii that will be used when entering our object collection into a database.  I know of the Getty thesaurii, but I am not sure if there are any others out there that are used, and is there one that is the "industry standard" - like LOC to us catalogers?

Sheila A. Cork
Librarian
New Orleans Museum of Art
City Park