Dear Colleagues,

Funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), Cornell University Library and the Society for the Humanities (Cornell) have been collaborating on a project that aims to develop scalable preservation strategies for complex, interactive, born-digital media artworks. Given our emphasis on use and usability, we recently administered a survey targeting researchers, artists, and curators to expand our understanding of user profiles and use cases. The key finding of the study are summarized at the following site:

http://blogs.cornell.edu/dsps/2014/07/30/interactive-digital-media-art-survey-key-findings-and-observations/

We would like to thank our colleagues who responded to the survey and invite comments and questions from all interested parties.

Liz Muller

On behalf of the Cornell project team

Liz Muller

Curator of Digital and Media Collections

Assistant Director for Technical Services

Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections

2B Carl A. Kroch Library

Cornell University

Ithaca, NY 14853

http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/