Hi All,

I’m wondering if anyone on this list has canceled ARTstor despite having invested in the expensive one time archive capital fee years ago?

Our usage is showing a steady decline, the annual access fee is pricey (along the lines of a traditional database subscription), and more open access image collections seem to be available such as the recently announced Metropolitan Museum of Art initiative: http://metmuseum.org/about-the-museum/press-room/news/2014/oasc-access

I’m curious about people's thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Charlie Remy

Charlie Remy
Assistant Professor
Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian
Lupton Library, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
UTC-Dept 6456
700 Vine St.
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Tel. 423-425-4470