From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cheryl Collins
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 2:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Carnegie Foundation Series of Masterpieces of Art and Architecture

Hello.

According to our school newspaper, in September 1939 we acquired the "Carnegie Foundation's Series of Masterpieces of Art and Architecture" for students to use in their research. This set is still in our library, but of little use to us. The set consists of special boxes (trays). There are 16 trays 15" wide by 12" deep, and 4 trays 29" wide by 24" deep housed in wooden shelves. Each individual tray contains approx. 12 artworks, mounted on mat board. The trays are arranged by subject. Does anyone know anything about these sets? Would anyone be interested in having them?

(Pictures attached)

We are located in Atherton, California.

Cheryl S. Collins

Technical Services Librarian and College Archivist

Bowman Library

Menlo College

650 543 3938