Hi All,

If you were at the session, Reinventing the Scholarly Collection Catalogue for the Online Age, at the Washington DC conference, you might have heard one of our registrars, Michele Miller, speak about the Seattle Art Museum’s online catalogue: Chinese Painting & Calligraphy.

I’m pleased to report that this catalogue, part of the Getty Foundation's Online Scholarly Catalogue Initiative (OSCI), received the Golden Muse Award from the American Alliance of Museums last week. It also received an Honorable Mention in the Best of the Web category from Museums and the Web.

Some of you wondered if the resource had a record in WorldCat. I’m pleased to report that it does: OCLC record #879604262. If you are interested in Chinese art, I encourage you to check it out and add it to your virtual collection.

Scholarship rules!

Traci

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Learn/Library/SAM.asp

The Bullitt Library is open to the public: Wednesday – Friday, 10 am – 4pm