Dear Librarians & Colleagues,

I have just completed a permanent installation at a library in Denver – a giant 7' diameter dandelion with 300 handmade paper seeds.

For those of you in the Denver area, I hope that you can attend the public unveiling:

The Wish by Helen HiebertReceptionFriday, May 305-7 pm

Anythink9417 Huron St.Thornton, CO 80260,  303-452-7534:  http://www.anythinklibraries.org/location/anythink-huron-street

On Friday, May 30, Anythink invites you to share your wishes, hopes and dreams at the opening reception for The Wish, a collaborative public art project. From 5-7 pm, join staff and The Wish artist to explore this new permanent art installation and enjoy refreshments. The Wish is the latest project in our “This is Who We Are” series, which partners community members with local artists to create art that represents each Anythink library location’s community. The installation also includes a motion-activated audio component by local sound artist Jim Green, featuring recordings of wishes from the community. This reception is free and open to the publicRefreshments provided.

You can see a few pictures of the installation here: http://www.pinterest.com/helenhiebert/the-wish-installation/

Professional photos (and a video) are still to come.

Thanks for looking!

Helen
--
Helen Hiebert Studio