View this email in your browser

New York Technical Services Librarians
www.nytsl.org

Share

Tweet

+1

Share

**Apologies for duplication**

We would like to welcome you to join the New York Technical Services Librarians (NYTSL) at some exciting upcoming events:

NYTSL Spring 2014 Evening Event: The Changing Faces of Technical Services

Tuesday, May 20th, 2014, 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
The New York Public Library, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, South Court
Auditorium, 476 Fifth Avenue (at 42nd Street)
Register here or at http://www.nytsl.org/nytsl/

In the 91 years since NYTSL was founded, the landscape of technical services librarianship has changed significantly. Our collections, technologies, standards, workflows, and job descriptions have all evolved. So too have our departments and our relationships with other departments and institutions. Our panelists will discuss their experiences with collaboration and re-organization, and share their perspectives on the nature and future of technical services librarianship.

Speakers:

  • Martin Kurth, Director, Knowledge Access and Resource Management Services, New York University Libraries
  • Charlene Rue, Acting Director,BookOps(the shared technical services collaboration between Brooklyn Public Library and New York Public Library)
  • Colleen Major-Pincus, Head, Electronic Resources Management: Operations & Analysis, Continuing and Electronic Resources Management Division, Columbia University Libraries.

NYTSL Summer Event: HathiTrust’s Copyright Review Management System – From Theory to Practice

Thursday, Jun. 5, 2014, 4 PM - 6 PM
METRO Training Center (4th floor), 57 East 11th Street
Register here or at http://www.metro.org/events/508/

This June, NYTSL along with the Association of College and Research Library in New York and the Metropolitan New York Library Council will be hosting an event on HathiTrust and their Copyright Review Management System. This event is free for NYTSL members, but you must register.

This event will introduce the HathiTrust Digital Library as well as the Copyright Review Management System (CRMS) project, funded by Institute of Museum and Library Services. Work involving the CRMS done at Columbia University will also be discussed. Anyone interested in copyright management, digital libraries, and digitized resource sharing should attend.

Speakers:

  • Bob Wolven is Associate University Librarian for Bibliographic Services and Collection Development at Columbia University
  • Melissa Levine is the Lead Copyright Officer at the University of Michigan
  • Zack Lane is the Research Collections and Preservation facility (or ReCAP) Coordinator and the Acting Head of Delivery Services for the Columbia University Libraries

Share

Tweet

+1

Share

Copyright © 2014 New York Technical Services Librarians, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:

New York Technical Services Librarians

c/o Bernadette Lopez-Fitzsimmons, Information, O'Malley Library, Suite 505

Manhattan College, Manhattan College Parkway

Riverdale, NY 10471

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
New York Technical Services Librarians · c/o Bernadette Lopez-Fitzsimmons, Information, O'Malley Library, Suite 505 · Manhattan College, Manhattan College Parkway · Riverdale, NY 10471 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp