I don't remember who used this one, but my favorite one is:

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog
it's too dark to read.”
  ―     Groucho
Marx

Cindy

> Over years of reading ARLIS-L I
have enjoyed the quotes and maxims that
> some of us attach to our
email signatures. As an example, for some reason
> Ray Ann
Lockard's has stuck in my mind:

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands." Ezra Pound

> But of course I neglected to write
any down - and now I would like to look
> at a selection,
especially ones pertaining to art libraries.

> Would you be so good as to send me your own, or someone
else's that you
> especially like?
>

> Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

> Jonathan Franklin

Chief, Library, Archives and Research Fellowships Program

National Gallery of Canada
> 380 Sussex Drive
> PO Box
427, Station A