Dear ARLISans,

It's hard to imagine visiting DC without strolling along the National Mall, our grand boulevard of museums, monuments, and global sightseers. The Hyatt is located just a few blocks north of the Mall (and the National Gallery)--try an early morning stroll to beat the crowds, and bring along our National Mall Guide to navigate the offerings.

Dupont Circle is another quintessential DC neighborhood to explore, home to the Phillips Collection, Embassy Row, and great coffee shops and restaurants. A quick metro ride from the Hyatt, this residential and commercial neighborhood offers a nice change of pace from "downtown" DC. The Dupont Circle Guide recommends our favorite places.

You can find these guides on Pinterest (complete with maps); they'll also shortly be posted on the “About DC” page of the conference website and on the Local Guides tab of the conference blog.

Enjoy!

Anna Simon

Local Guides Editor

-------