Over years of reading ARLIS-L I have enjoyed the quotes and maxims that some of us attach to our email signatures. As an example, for some reason Ray Ann Lockard's has stuck in my mind:

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands." Ezra Pound

But of course I neglected to write any down - and now I would like to look at a selection, especially ones pertaining to art libraries.

Would you be so good as to send me your own, or someone else's that you especially like?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Jonathan Franklin
Chief, Library, Archives and Research Fellowships Program
National Gallery of Canada
380 Sussex Drive
PO Box 427, Station A
Ottawa, Ontario