As a "young new member" and a new hire, I would be very interested in having salary information more readily available. This is an essential tool in negotiating with the government or public institutions to raise our profiles and recognize our skills. (I assume I don't have to rehash the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act argument for everyone: transparency is quite simply necessary.)

In Canada, we don't have a fantastic amount of information, but the average salary is quoted at around $50,000CAD.
(http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/qc/job_futures/statistics/5111.shtml)
We have a few surveys done in various niches, but nothing performed regularly or comprehensively (law librarians haven't seen one since 2006; can't find one on health librarianship ....).

For arts librarianship, ARLIS/CARLIS should be the group to spearhead this. I agree that specializing to the degree of museum libraries, for example, would de-anonymize the data, so a larger survey would be needed.
And since we can't depend on our organizations to include us intelligently (as in the case of academic institutions), I think a discipline-specific survey is the way to go: perhaps we can specialize the survey for arts librarianship but allow non-arts professionals to answer as well, for comparative purposes.

I'd love to be included in further discussions on the topic. (And I'd hate to see the discussion die!)