Dear colleagues,

Chris Sala and I (Paula Gabbard) have been handed the reins of
coordinating the ARLIS/NA Collection Development SIG from our esteemed
colleague, Ross Day.

If you will be attending the 2014 ARLIS/NA Conference, we hope to see
you at our meeting on May 2 from 4:30-5:30 in the Arlington Room of the
Grand Hyatt. Ross and I will co-run this meeting.

AGENDA ITEMS SOUGHT:
If you have burning issues you wish to discuss, could you kindly let me
know so that I can add them to the agenda? If they inspire a great deal
of discussion, I will stop the discussion and ask that those interested
meet as a group at another time either in a self-scheduled room or
another location, and ask that someone be designated to report back to
me, even in bullet point form, what occurred, or what actions are going
to be taken.

SESSION PROPOSALS SOUGHT:
If you have suggestions for a session for the 2015 ARLIS/NA Conference
in Fort Worth, Texas, please let me know, and let’s add this to the
agenda to discuss as well.

AUTHORS WANTED:
We will be designing a Collection Development SIG Blog, and I would like
to invite those of you with thoughts, ideas or concerns on subjects in
our realm to please contact me if you would like to become an author.
These blog posts can be as short as a few sentences. The point is to
provide useful information or to offer up thoughts or examples of ways
to solve Collection Development problems, anything that will help our
community and/or inspire dialogue.

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you,

Paula Gabbard (email: [log in to unmask] phone: (212) 854-6745)
Chris Sala (email: [log in to unmask] phone: (212) 854-4629)

--
Paula Gabbard
Fine Arts Librarian