As a book artist/ publisher I read todays digest of comments on the ban of commercial announcements with interest.

After spending 7 years in collaboration with Cuban artists creating a trilogy of books there is a celebratory feeling in announcing the newest publication. Not being able to share this excitement with members of ARLIS-NA whose institutions collect my books is frustrating. It is hard enough being an artist and small press publisher, let along travel to Cuba without having additional obstacles tossed in my path by the very audience I court.

I hope the committee that created this policy removes this obstacle, after all we are not selling widgets nor apps and let each member of ARLIS-NA decide for them selves which posts to view to stay informed.

Steven Daiber
Red Trillium Press/ Aqui en la lucha
221 Pine St. # 332, Florence, MA 01062

Aqui en la lucha: The Center for Book Arts
January 17- March 29, 2014, Artist Talk February 7, 6:30pm