Hello Museum Colleagues,

We have had a recent rash of staff resigning and leaving without returning all of their library books.  While we verbally tell staff they are responsible for replacing lost or damage items, it seems this carries no weight.  HR is recommending having an orientation form that is signed by the staff member when a patron record is created for them.  Do any of you make staff sign a form acknowledging that they are responsible for lost or damaged library property?

Would you be willing to share the wording used for such a form?

We have invoiced former staff for lost items, but that is not feasible in all cases.

Thanks,
Marianne

Marianne L. Cavanaugh
Richardson Memorial Library