Join me on May 4th at 6pm as I facilitate a FREE participatory workshop on artists’ books and self preservation as I bring part of Read/Write Library Chicago's Self Preservation Series to DC.  We will explore topics such as the various challenges of preserving artists’ books, archival materials, glue and adhesives used for creating enclosures, and proper storage and handling of artists’ books.  As a workshop participant you will create your own enclosure to protect an artist book that you assemble during the workshop. The books you'll be given are instructions and tips on preservation.  You may choose to make a simple 2D folded book or a 3D cube; both will have the same information hand letterpressed by me. The process of creating a book and an enclosure may take between 15 and 30 minutes.

After you make your way through the assembly-line style workshop, you will have the option to tour Pyramid Atlantic studios to learn more about letterpress, paper making, and book binding!  The first tour will be given at 6:30, the second at 7:00.

Light refreshments will be provided.

Limited space is available, so please sign up here.  Also let us know if you've registered and are unable to make it.

DIRECTIONS
Pyramid Atlantic is located at 8230 Georgia Avenue in downtown Silver Spring, MD, on the corner of Georgia Avenue and Ripley Street, three blocks south of the Silver Spring Metro Station.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you in DC!

Amanda Meeks

--
Professional Portfolio