Dear Colleagues;

Earlier this Spring, I was delighted to announce a multi-year grant from the Samuel H. Kress Foundation to the Art Libraries Society of North America that would fund international travel. The Kress Foundation generously extended  its support of an existing travel award for European travel and expanded the scope to include travel to the annual ARLIS/NA conference by European art information professionals.  It is with great pleasure that I  announce the  recipients of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Awards for International Travel.

The financial support provided by the awards will allow a greater number of ARLIS/NA members to promote the exchange of ideas and information outside of North America. Five of our outstanding arts information professionals will attend the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) World Congress meetings in France this summer.

The 2014 recipients of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Award for International Travel to Europe are:

Hannah Bennett, Princeton University

Jonathan Franklin, National Gallery of Canada

Lindsay King, Yale University

Isabel Ayres Maringelli,  Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo

Walter Schlect, Pratt Institute IMLS student

Bringing our European colleagues to interact with their North American counterparts at the annual conference of the Society likewise promotes the exchange of ideas and information and fosters better international communication.

The 2014 recipients of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Award for Travel to the ARLIS/NA Conference in Washington are:

Alexandra Büttner, Universität Heidelberg

Anne-Elisabeth Buxtorf, Institute national d’histoire de l’art, Paris

Rüdiger Hoyer, Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte, Munich

Geert Jan Koot, Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam

Andrea Lydon, National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin

Evelin Morgenstern, Initiative Fortbildung für wissenschaftliche Spezialbibliotheken e.V., Berlin

Please engage our European colleagues in conversation at the Washington conference!  My thanks to  the Kress Travel Awards Review Panel for their hard work with special thanks to the chair (and our Past President) Deborah Kempe.

With best regards,

Gregory Most

Gregory P. J. Most

President