Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of the Executive Board of ARLIS/NA, I am happy to announce that the first virtual conference offerings will be available this year after the annual conference in Washington, DC. This initiative is in keeping with the 2011-2016 ARLIS/NA Strategic Plan, Goal V: [To] Strengthen the Society's communication and operational infrastructure, Item 3: [To] Continually explore ways in which to enhance the Society's virtual presence through its website and other social media. It is out hope that by making our conference content available to a larger audience, that our members who are unable to join us in Washington will be able to benefit from rich programming we have assembled. Additionally, we have the opportunity to communicate the ideas and values of the Society to the broader library community and engage with new constituents.

Four sessions, one from each of our compelling conference tracks, will be recorded and made available online in early summer. The sessions to be recorded are as follows with the corresponding track and will also be noted in SCHED as you create your conference calendar:

*       Collaborative Projects in Open Access: Enhancing Discoverability of Your Collections via DPLA [Fostering Creativity]

*       Supporting the Changing Research Practices of Art Historians [Power and Agency]

*       The Politics of Change: Digital Humanities [Of, By and For the People]

*       Picturing Dissent: Documentation of Labor Movements' Actions from the Late 19th Century to the Present [Preserve and Protect]

All conference attendees will receive logins to view these sessions as a part of their conference registration fee. Fees for those who were unable to attend the conference, but would like to register for the virtual content are as follows:

ARLIS/NA Members (includes members of our 15 affiliate organizations<http://www.arlisna.org/about/affiliates.html>)
$25 for one session/$80 for all four sessions
Non-member
$30 for one session/$105 for all four
Group rate
$185
Registration for access to the recorded content will be available after the annual conference.

I would like to thank the members of both the Educational Technology Committee, chaired by Beth Morris and those members who participated in the Virtual Conferencing Task Force, chaired by Sarah Falls and under the direction of former ARLIS/NA President, Jon Evans.

Any questions about the virtual offerings may be directed to either Beth Morris, Chair, Educational Technology Subcommittee ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Sarah Falls, ARLIS/NA Education Liaison ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Gregory Most

Gregory P. J. Most
President
Art Libraries Society of North America

Chief, Department of Image Collections
Library
National Gallery of Art
Washington, DC 20565

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
phone:  202/ 842-6100