Dear, dear list,

The Visual Resources Division will be meeting at the annual conference in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, May 4, at 2:00 pm in Penn Quarter B at the Hyatt.

Our primary topic is the current state of the division and what the future might hold. The division is intended to serve those working in visual resources in any way, and I especially encourage students and emerging professionals (like me!) to attend so we can discuss what this means today. There have been suggestions for change from the executive board that I will share with the group. I hope that we can work together to move forward.

Possible topics also include the recent VRA conference in Milwaukee, and the 2016 joint conference in Seattle.

Sessions that may be of interest to VR professionals include:
Fair Use/Fair Game: Intellectual Property and the Visual Arts on Friday, May 2 at 11:30am
Supporting the Changing Research Practices of Art Historians on Friday, May 2 at 2pm
Visual Literacy: Putting Guidelines into Practice
on
Saturday, May 3 at 10:30am
The Politics of Digitization: Populist Projects and the Loss of Information on Sunday, May 4 at 9:15am

If you have additional agenda items, concerns, or questions, please submit them to me at this email address or the one listed below.

Thank you kindly!

Annie Sollinger
moderator, Visual Resources Division

Annie Sollinger