Greetings!

The Graphic Novel Special Interest Group will meet on Saturday May 3rd, 2014 3:00pm - 4:00pm in the Bulfinch/Renwick Room (Grand Hyatt 1000 H Street NW, Washington DC 20001<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Grand+Hyatt+1000+H+Street+NW%2C+Washington+DC+20001&z=13&layer=t>). Link to ARLIS/NA Schedule page: http://sched.co/1gyborv

Here are some agenda items I have in mind:

Ø  Introductions

Ø  Overview of first meeting in 2013

Ø  Accomplishments (Annual Report)

Ø  Discussion of how to contribute to GN SIG blog: http://arlisgnsig.blogspot.com/

Ø  Discuss comics/graphic novelists presenters/events or possible ideas for events that we could host at our own institutions or for ARLIS/NA 2015 Conference in Ft. Worth, TX

Ø  Discuss proposals for a session, possibly made up of 4 or 5 smaller presentations, at the ARLIS/NA 2015 Conference in Ft. Worth, TX

If you have any suggestions for agenda items, please let me know. Looking forward to meeting and seeing you in D. C.!

Thank you,

Tara Spies Smith, Graphic Novels SIG Coordinator

~~~~~~

Tara Spies Smith
Research, Instruction & Outreach Librarian
Art & Design Librarian
Communication Studies Librarian
Alkek Library<http://www.library.txstate.edu/>
Texas State University - San Marcos<http://www.txstate.edu/>
512.245.1636

Check out my blog! ART & DESIGN INFORAMA - http://artinforama.blogspot.com/ - A blog for Art & Design department faculty, students, or anyone interested about new art resources in the library or available on the web. A place to share information about art, artists, design, and designers.