Hello,

We replaced our Reading Room photocopier with a BookEye4 KIC scanner about a year ago, and everyone has been very happy with it.

Our practices in a nutshell:

·         We do have it configured to print to the Service Desk printer if the patron needs a printout. We charge the former photocopy fee for that.

·         USB drives are fastest and easiest for saving files.  We have a handful of circulating drives that staff members can borrow if they need them.

·         Google Drive is also an option.

·         A copyright notice appears and needs to be accepted by the patron before any session.

·         We chose to not to employ the email function because the files can be larger than an inbox can accept.

·         We also don’t utilize its ability to save to a network space.

We’re very fond of it, and patrons took to it well.

Regards,

Evan

Evan B. Towle

Librarian for Reader Services