Several library lists I receive have a series of Subject line prefixes
to denote certain forms of content, such as SHARE, TAR, HIT, ADMIN, etc.
That enables any recipient to set an email filter to automatically
route, delete, or prioritize on any Subject keyword.

EXLIBRS-L (Rare Books, Manuscripts and Special Collections
librarianship) has clear rules, particularly Section VI "Commercial
Activity." A practical requirement is that notices start with a "DO NOT
REPLY TO THE LIST" caution.

The history of that list is an interesting read as well. There are
people on Exlibris, just like here, who consider commercial posts an
essential resource in support of rare book librarianship, and others who
consider them inappropriate. Their rules enable all viewpoints to be
accommodated.

https://list.indiana.edu/sympa/info/exlibris-l

ARLIS-L has a different constituency, and the rules here should be
tailored for the varied interests of our members.  As we have seen from
several recent posts, what may seem useless to a research and
instruction librarian can be seen as an important resource by one for
whom acquisitions/collection development is a primary responsibility.

Filtering is best left to the end user.

Richard