From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Allison L
Hausladen
Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Museum Division news and meeting at ARLIS/NA 2014

Hello everyone,

News:

I am thrilled to announce that Suz Massen (Chief of Public Services, Frick
Art Reference Library) and Heather Slania (Director, Betty Boyd Dettre
Library and Research Center, NMWA) have been selected as the new editors to
lead the proposed 2nd edition of Art Museum Libraries and Librarianship
<https://rowman.com/ISBN/978-0-8108-5921-0> . They will be presenting their
draft prospectus at our annual meeting, and we hope that a lively discussion
will ensue. Bring your thoughts and ideas to make this forward-thinking
edition an indispensable asset to our profession.

The Museum Division will meet at ARLIS/NA on Sunday, May 4 in Room Lafayette
at the Grand Hyatt from 2:00 to 3:00 pm.

Here <http://joomla.arlisna.org/images/annualreports/2013/div_museum.pdf>
is the link to the Museum Division's 2013-2014 annual report on the new
ARLIS/NA website.

Agenda:

-Welcome and Introductions
-Vote for incoming AWS news contributor (beginning of a 3-year leadership
term)
-Public Policy Committee statement on recent cutbacks and closures to art
museum libraries

-Future projects and initiatives for ARLIS/NA for 2014-2015 (Book
prospectus, new division communication tools (facebook, blog, listserv),
call for ideas)
-Draft prospectus for the 2nd ed. of Art Museum Libraries and Librarianship
presented by Suz Massen and Heather Slania

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. If you have other agenda items
or ideas you'd like to share, please feel free to email me ahead of time or
be prepared to discuss at the meeting.

Best,
Allison Hausladen
Moderator, ARLIS/NA Museum Division

Catherine Petersen
Vice Moderator, ARLIS/NA Museum Division

Meg Black
AWS News Contributor, ARLIS/NA Museum Division

--
Allison Hausladen
Cataloger/Reference Librarian