Greetings!

The ARLIS/NA SCIP SIG will meet in Washington D.C. on Friday, May 2, from
2:00 to 3:00pm in the Roosevelt room in the Grand Hyatt. We will be
celebrating our online exhibition (coming soon!), discussing ways to
communicate with one another over the course of the year and brainstorming
session ideas for next year. We hope to see you there.

We also hope you will enjoy some of the activities SCIP members are
involved with at the conference including the lightning talk *Of, By, For
the Artist: The Library as Venue for Student Creativity
<http://arlisna2014.sched.org/event/bf47acbde9e7f513a14629f433d5e56f>
*happening
Sunday, May 4 at 9:15am in Farragut Square and the poster session *Mapping
the Boston Built Environment: History Pin in the Classroom
<http://arlisna2014.sched.org/event/c13a4a48cdb975f5368d1f305634d080>
*happening
Saturday, May 3 at 2:30pm in the Independence Foyer.

Best,

Annette Haines
SCIP coordinator

* SCIP (Stimulating Creativity in Practice) SIG Members of the SCIP SIG
will explore how creativity applies to the work of art information
professionals and how creative engagement can move the Library beyond its
traditional roles. The group will act as an ongoing support community for
personal creative practice by exploring ways to make time in our workday
for nurturing creativity, examining how personal artistic practices enhance
our work as information professionals, and learning effective ways to
foster creativity in others. The group will also explore the idea of the
library as an incubator of creative discovery by looking at ways to
incorporate creatively charged workshops, exhibitions and events into
library spaces giving library users opportunities for research and a means
to practice hands-on engagement with ideas and knowledge. Members of the
SCIP SIG may also plan events such as ARLIS/NA-member art exhibits,
workshops (possibly tapping local creative talent) and conference sessions.
*