Dear, dear list,

The Visual Resources Division will be meeting at the annual conference in
Washington, D.C. on Sunday, May 4, at 2:00 pm in Penn Quarter B at the
Hyatt.

Our primary topic is the current state of the division and what the future
might hold. The division is intended to serve those working in visual
resources in any way, and I especially encourage students and emerging
professionals (like me!) to attend so we can discuss what this means today.
There have been suggestions for change from the executive board that I will
share with the group. I hope that we can work together to move forward.

Possible topics also include the recent VRA conference in Milwaukee, and
the 2016 joint conference in Seattle.

Sessions that may be of interest to VR professionals include:
*Fair Use/Fair Game: Intellectual Property and the Visual
Arts*<http://arlisna2014.sched.org/event/bb993b40465d9d5afb0863197536649f#>on
Friday, May 2 at 11:30am
*Supporting the Changing Research Practices of Art
Historians*<http://arlisna2014.sched.org/event/bcec5ab1785a0d3f0c2b9423729e78f6#>on
Friday, May 2 at 2pm
*Visual Literacy: Putting Guidelines into Practice
<http://arlisna2014.sched.org/event/2455e38eb966ce7c176ceba1e025795e#>*
on Saturday,
May 3 at 10:30am
*The Politics of Digitization: Populist Projects and the Loss of
Information
<http://arlisna2014.sched.org/event/59d69b57c22609952c08e42b3fbe24e5#>* on
Sunday, May 4 at 9:15am

If you have additional agenda items, concerns, or questions, please submit
them to me at this email address or the one listed below.

Thank you kindly!

Annie Sollinger
moderator, Visual Resources Division

Annie Sollinger