The Rakow Research Library at The Corning Museum of Glass, the world’s foremost library on the art and history of glass and glassmaking, is offering an unpaid internship for a library science student interested in the field of cataloging. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our book collection, which covers subject areas from archaeology to zoology and everything glass in between. Projects involve modifying and enhancing existing bibliographic records, copy-cataloging, and authority work, but may be tailored to the strengths and/or interests of the individual intern.
The preferred candidate is a motivated problem solver with an interest in cataloging. Applicants should have some practical experience with copy cataloging and the use of authority files. The intern will have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and will feel comfortable working semi-independently with library materials in various languages. Ability to work in a Windows environment is required. Hands-on experience with OCLC Connexion and the Voyager library system is a plus. Experience with art-related subject matter is preferred but not necessary.
Ability to commit to at least 10–15 hours/week is preferred, but we can offer some flexibility regarding terms and hours. This internship is unpaid, but we will provide you with valuable work experience in a unique library setting.
Learning Opportunities
Potential Activities (Other duties may be assigned)
Work & Educational Requirements
To Apply
Currently accepting applications for the Summer 2014 term.  To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask].

Kelly Bliss
Cataloger
The Rakow Research Library
The Corning Museum of Glass