On behalf of ARLIS/NA New England I'm proud to announce our travel award recipients: Darin Murphy from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and Anne Haas from Bowdoin College. Please Congratulate them both when you see them in DC.

Darin Murphy currently serves as the Director of SMFA Library Services and Visual Resources at the W. Van Alan Clark, Jr. Library at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. He has been employed by the Museum of Fine Arts and the SMFA since 2008. Prior to that he worked at the Harvard Fine Arts Library in the Slides and Digital Images Department and at the Harvard Business School Library in Historical Collections.

 Anne Haas was Educated at Ohio Wesleyan University (BA) and Florida State University (MSLS).First library job was as a children's and young adult librarian in the Cuyahoga County Pubic Library System, (Cleveland, Ohio) in the mid-1970s. Served as Art Librarian, Pierce Art Library, Bowdoin College, in Brunswick, Maine, since 1986.  Held board positions for the New England Chapter of ARLIS/NA from 1999-2004, and occasionally served as Moderator for RIG Section  and the Academic Libraries Division.  The new Digital Humanities SIG will be yet another 'new thing' in this endlessly morphing field. There is something new to learn every day.

When I started out, we had a card catalog, and now we are doing everything online, and I am old enough to appreciate this with an acute sense of wonder. ARLIS colleagues are always creative, innovative, and smart; the fact that so many emails to the list start with "To the Collective Wisdom" says it all. Thank you for the opportunity to attend this conference, and for the many years of help, support, and insight from the members of this amazing organization

Best,

Gabrielle V L Reed
ARLIS/NA New England President
Public Services Librarian