Hi Rachel,

I couldn't find any other information about it other than that Artnet lists it as auctioned as the "School of Jacques-Louis David".

http://www.artnet.com/artists/jacques-louis-david/roman-charity-V77BfGwpqpD4B3FaQIvT5g2

It was sold in the below auction:

Lot 1 - Barridoff Galleries, Portland (August 05, 2005)

Kind regards,
Janice Shapiro Hussain
Art librarianship hopeful, MLIS '14, MLitt (Art History)