It’s documentary, my dear Watson: documentation in technical services

Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014

Time: 3:00-5:00 pm

Have you ever wondered how other libraries manage to keep track of all those local decisions, workflows, cataloger’s judgments, and exceptions to every rule?  So have we which is why we asked 10 librarians to come and discuss the best and the worst of tech. services documentation.  Each will give a strict 5-minute presentation leaving plenty of time for a lively discussion.

Please join us for this fast paced, engaging and, we promise, fun event on all things documentation!

RSVP: Please reply by Monday, March 31st, to [log in to unmask]

Speakers:

Melanie Wacker & Irina Kandarasheva, Columbia University Libraries

“Technical Services documentation at Columbia: from print to wikis”

Deborah J. Leslie, Folger Shakespeare Library

“Now where did I put that policy?”

Mark Bresnan, Frick Art Reference Library

“Local Yokels no More: Technical Services Documentation from the Frick (1930) to NYARC (2014)”

Elizabeth Hahn Benge, American Numismatic Society

“KOHA-herence at Last : Notes on migrating the ANS Library catalog”

Maureen Weicher, St. John's University

“Developing and documenting eBook and eJournal workflows”

Monica Berger, New York City College of Technology, CUNY

“Two Tech Services Wikis @ CUNY”

Melissa Brown, Pratt Institute

“A tale of two libraries”

Dan Lipcan, Thomas J. Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum of Art

“Don’t throw your hands up—this is how we do it: documenting digitization”

John Lindaman, Thomas J. Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Watsupwith Watsinfo”

Location: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Bonnie Sacerdote Lecture Hall in the Uris Education Wing on the south side of the museum. Please enter the museum by the ground floor doors at 81st Street, not the main stairs at 82nd, and take the long corridor out of Burke Hall. Stickers will be distributed at the door.

Reception: A reception will follow in the Thomas J. Watson Library from 5 to 6 pm.

Andrea Puccio

Librarian, Cataloging and Dept. Technical Services

Thomas J. Watson Library

Metropolitan Museum of Art