Dear ARLIS-L,

I'm posting this on behalf of my institution's program with the Library of
Congress' "Teaching with Primary Sources" effort. If you know any school
librarians or a recent retiree who might be interested, please pass it on!
Deadline is April 1.

*Teaching with Primary Sources - The University of the Arts, Professional
Institute for Educators*
*Seeking part-time librarian instructor for on-going workshop series,
featuring the Library of Congress resources for K-12 educators*

Funded by a grant from the Library of Congress, the Teaching with Primary
Sources (TPS) program at the University of the Arts creates professional
development opportunities for K-12 educators in the greater-Philadelphia
area that focus on teaching with primary sources using an arts context to
enhance cross-curricular areas in all grade levels and subjects.

The mission of the Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources (TPS)
program is to: build awareness of the Library's educational initiatives;
provide content that promotes the effective educational use of the
Library's resources; and offer access to and promote sustained use of the
Library's educational resources.  Program information can be found at
*http://tps.uarts.edu/
<http://tps.uarts.edu/>*

*TPS-UArts is seeking a part-time instructor - * to join our enthusiastic
team in presenting the TPS-UArts curriculum at regional K-12 schools at
various times primarily during the academic school year - these are 3-hour
and 6-hour workshops offered for various in-service days at local schools,
primarily as daytime events.  We anticipate about 6-8 events during the
academic year, with the opportunity to expand.  The workshops focus on
teacher tools to engage with the Library of Congress digital primary
sources.  This program is funded through a grant from the Library of
Congress and the program features great training, resources, support and
innovation.  This is an exciting and very rewarding opportunity for a
librarian to connect with our nation's library.  We seek to begin training
for this position in mid-April.

*Qualifications:*

   - Experienced friendly librarian with flexible daytime availability
   - Previous experience in a K-12 learning environment
   - Comfortable presenting information to adult learners
   - Experienced using basic digital tools and general internet research on
   both Mac and PC platforms
   - Ability to travel to regional school locations in greater Philadelphia
   area (up to 50 mile radius)
   - Preference: an appreciation of the arts and arts education

Applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest to: *[log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]> *by April 1, 2014.

Karyn Tufarolo
Assistant Director of Professional + Adult Programs
TPS - UArts Program Coordinator

The University of the Arts
215.717.6431

*http://cs.uarts.edu/pie <http://cs.uarts.edu/pie>http://cs.uarts.edu/ce
<http://cs.uarts.edu/ce>*

*http://tps.uarts.edu/ <http://tps.uarts.edu/>*

Sara
Sara J. MacDonald, Public Services Librarian
The University of the Arts - University Libraries & Archives
320 S Broad St - Philadelphia PA 19102 - USA
http://library.uarts.edu/  http://library.uarts.edu/mobile
[log in to unmask]  215-717-6282
Like us! http://www.facebook.com/UArtsLibraries
Twitter: https://twitter.com/UArtsLibraries