I appreciate the responses to my query.  I had mistakenly searched the Division category in the membership search page and totally missed the “Special Interest Groups” category below it (senior moment?).  Thanks to all who alerted me to it, and so promptly.

My exhibition, In Time We Shall Know Ourselves: Photographs by Raymond Smith, organized by the Montgomery (Alabama) Museum of Fine Arts, opens on June 4, 2014, and is scheduled to run through August 31.  It will be traveling to four (thus far confirmed) venues through January 2016, including the Hickory (North Carolina) Museum of Art; the University of West Alabama, Livingston; The Museum of Contemporary Art, Jacksonville, Florida; and the Georgia Museum of Art, University of Georgia, Athens.

   I’m still hoping for a venue in 2016 which might bring it closer to New Haven, and have some leads on venues in the UK after the exhibition finishes its US tour.

   For those interested, I have the dates for two of the first opening reception dates (Montgomery and Hickory, July 10 and October 26), and all are invited, whether you’re near, far, or planning a vacation.

  The 52 photographs are from a larger group of some 700 photographs taken on a three-month road trip through much of the Eastern half of the United States in 1974, with two twin lens cameras.  I personally printed all of the photographs in the darkroom; all are vintage except for five or six I printed recently, at the suggestion of Joshua Chuang (of the Yale Art Gallery), who asked me to supply him with contact prints of all the negatives, a number of which I had not printed previously.  I was able to secure these various Southern venues because of the predominance of the South in the photographs (approximately two thirds of the images), but other locations represented include Kansas City, Omaha, Boston, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.  The book published in conjunction with the exhibition, which includes essays on the photographs by Alexander Nemerov of Stanford University and Richard H. King of the University of Nottingham, is scheduled for publication in late Spring.

Ray Smith