Hello collective wisdom,

I'm hoping to get some feedback on a technical problem.

I'm working with a faculty member who wants to convert VHS tapes to DVD. We're unsure of the *best* way to get the content off VHS - doing it ourselves (there is a team of 5 working on this, plus student assistance) or outsourcing.

Have any of you worked on a similar transfer project?

If you did the transfer yourself (in your library), what equipment did you use and how was the image quality? If you outsourced the transfer process, can you recommend a company?

Any advice would be appreciated! Feel free to reply off-list to [log in to unmask].

Thank you!
Shannon

Shannon Marie Robinson