Colleagues:

We at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts are putting our heads together to explore ways to increase attendance in our galleries. We get quite a few people in the museum for our art school, but traffic in the galleries could be better. (We did in the past two years institute a small charge for nonmembers, which didn't seem to help; it's hard to say if it actually hurt. Before that admission was free, except for for special shows.)

Anyway, if you've been doing similar thinking in your museums and have something to share, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thank,

Malcolm McBryde
--
Librarian

The Mary & Edwin Meader Fine Arts Library
Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
314 S. Park St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
269-349-7775, ext. 3165