Thanks to everyone who responded on this. I appreciate it. It appears that the cuts are intentional and the pages were set in loose and not bound in.

Happy Lunar New Year!
Traci

From: Traci Timmons
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: mending/binding question about Matta book

Dear Collective Wisdom,

We are mending the book Matta: Index dell’Opera Grafica dal 1969 al 1980 (Germana Ferrari, 1980). While working on the spine, we noticed that pages 89-92 are cut in the middle (I think purposefully, but am not completely sure) and are not bound into the book. It appears they never were bound.

Can anyone shed some light on this? If you have the copy, what do your pages 89-92 look like?

Thanks in advance,

Traci

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Learn/Library/SAM.asp

The Bullitt Library is open to the public: Wednesday – Friday, 10 am – 4pm

Miró: The Experience of Seeing

February 13 – May 25, 2014

Get your tickets online now!