The Northwest Chapter of ARLIS/NA is thrilled to announce our executive committee for 2014:

·         Chair: Suzanne Rackover, Managing Librarian, Paul D. Fleck Library and Archives, The Banff Centre

·         Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Traci Timmons, Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library, Seattle Art Museum

·         Treasurer: D. Vanessa Kam, Acting Head Librarian, Music + Art + Architecture, University of British Columbia Library

·         Secretary: Bronwyn Dorhofer, Access Services and Outreach Librarian, University of Oregon Portland Library & Learning Commons

As there was only one nomination for each role, no election was held. If there are any objections please contact the Chair.

I want to thank all the new executive committee members for volunteering their time and lending their knowledge to the Northwest Chapter. With the Seattle Conference coming up in 2016 these are exciting times for our Chapter!

Statements and Biographies from the candidates/committee members:

Traci Timmons:

The loss or combination of jobs, the financial crises, and general feeling of low morale among colleagues in our field have resulted in low membership, low turnout and lack of involvement for many ARLIS/NA chapters, including ours. I feel motivated to help change things and make our chapter as strong as it can be. In addition to overseeing the general business of the chapter, if elected to the position of Vice-Chair/Chair Elect, I hope to focus on: creating and fostering initiatives to build membership, building excitement for the 2016 joint conference in Seattle, and, importantly, strengthening our online presence by revamping our website and encouraging better use of social media for the chapter.

I have been a past Secretary of the Northwest Chapter and currently serve on two committees for ARLIS/NA. I have been the head librarian at the Seattle Art Museum for 10 years and am responsible for all duties: cataloguing, reference, volunteer management, archives management, acquisitions, collection development and more. Prior to that, I held positions at the Polk Museum of Art, the Florida State University Museum of Fine Arts and the Contemporary Art Museum at the University of South Florida. I have worked in academic libraries in Special Collections and art department visual resource centers. I have also worked in corporate library settings. I have a track record of successful project and organizational management. I believe my ARLIS/NA experience at the local and organizational level, my professional experience, and my want to enact change make me a solid candidate for the position.

D. Vanessa Kam:

D. Vanessa Kam is Acting Head of Music, Art and Architecture, University of British Columbia Library in Vancouver, where she has been employed since 2005.  She has been a member of ARLIS/NA since 2000 and the ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter since 2006. From 2009-2011, she served on the ARLIS/NA Executive as Chapters Liaison.  Although she has never served as a Treasurer, she feels capable and looks forward to serving the Chapter in this capacity. From her vantage point in Canada, she is well positioned to inherit these duties from her Canadian predecessor.

Bronwyn Dorhofer

I'm the Access Services and Outreach Librarian for the University of Oregon Portland Library and Learning Commons; a satellite campus based in an historic neighborhood (Old Town Chinatown) of Portland, OR. Our Library serves patrons working in the spheres of Architecture, Digital Art, Product Design, Journalism, Business and Law. I've only been in my position for about a year, but would love to have greater opportunity to contribute to the profession and to remain involved with ARLIS/NA. Pasadena was my first conference and I greatly valued the opportunity to connect and work with like-minded individuals. My professional interests are in Art and Visual Resources Librarianship, Public and Access Services, Information Literacy and Outreach.

Congratulations to everyone!

Suzanne

Suzanne Rackover, MA MLIS

Chair, ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter

Managing Librarian

Paul D. Fleck Library and Archives

The Banff Centre

107 Tunnel Mountain Drive

Box 1020, Stn. 43

Banff, AB T1L 1H5

T. 403.762.6255

http://www.banffcentre.ca/library/

https://www.facebook.com/banffcentrelibrary

Follow our project on Tumblr

Every Item in the Artists’ Books Collection

http://banffcentrelibraryandarchives.tumblr.com/