Back in olden times (mid-1980s), I was a research assistant at the New Museum of Contemporary Art in NYC. During that time, the Museum "inherited" the Soho Center Library, a small art-focused collection of books, magazines, newsletters + hundreds of flat files, which I worked on moving and sorting/inventory for storage until a purpose-designated space was created a few years later. I would check with the New Museum. SCL was an amazing, very vernacular, collection. This project was the bug that lead me--eventually--to librarianship.

Good luck!

Claire

Claire Dannenbaum

http://ephemerarium.wordpress.com/