Back in olden times (mid-1980s), I was a research assistant at the New
Museum of Contemporary Art in NYC. During that time, the Museum "inherited"
the Soho Center Library, a small art-focused collection of books,
magazines, newsletters + hundreds of flat files, which I worked on moving
and sorting/inventory for storage until a purpose-designated space was
created a few years later. I would check with the New Museum. SCL was an
amazing, very vernacular, collection. This project was the bug that lead
me--eventually--to librarianship.

Good luck!

Claire

Claire Dannenbaum