Dear ARLIS-L,
I'd like to forward a request from the president of CGA Comics, Hope Nicholson, who is seeking to produce a reprint edition of a remarkable comic book series.  This little-known chapter of Canadian popular culture has been sadly overlooked, so it is commendable that this organization is working towards reviving knowledge of this significant period of creative production.  And just to clarify, for all those DC fans out there who may take umbrage at the below comment that Nelvana was the "world's first superheroine," I might point out that her first appearance was in August 1941, a full four months before Wonder Woman appeared in All-Star Comics vol 1, #8 (Dec./Jan. 1941/42)!
If any of you are able to assist Hope Nicholson in this initiative, do not hesitate to contact her directly via. the email link on http://nelvanacomics.com or through http://facebook.com/lostheroesmovie.

DANIEL PAYNE , MLIS, MA (Musicology), BEd
CANADIAN MEMBER-AT-LARGE, ARLIS/NA Executive Board

HEAD, INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES
DOROTHY H. HOOVER LIBRARY; OCAD UNIVERSITY
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada  M5T 1W1
Hello, I am requesting research assistance for an exciting new digitization and reprint project.

I have recently successfully funded a Kickstarter <http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hopelnicholson/nelvana-of-the-northern-lights-canadas-first-super> to raise funds to reprint the original 1940s comic book story Nelvana of the Northern Lights, the world's first superheroine, and only Inuit superheroine, with full permission from the copyright holders.
This story appeared in issues of Triumph Comics, Triumph-Adventure Comics, Super Duper Comics, and Nelvana of the Northern Lights. She was created by Adrian Dingle and published by Bell Features from 1941-1946.
We have access to the entire collection through researching various institutions and private collections, but many of the panels and pages show damage from age or wear. In order to prevent an extensive restoration, we'd prefer to replace these panels with better quality from a separate collection.
For this reason, I am reaching out to libraries and archives across Canada that might have access to these comic books and are willing to help us with digitization. If you have any in your collection, or know of any locally, please contact me. Your assistance is much appreciated.
Hope Nicholson
President, CGA Comics
Producer, Lost Heroes
http://facebook.com/lostheroesmovie